Sealing & Gasketing Solutions
Armstrong creates custom seals and gaskets for various areas of the vehicle. In addition to gap-filling and sealing, these parts are also utilized to mitigate shock and vibration. The manufacturing processes and materials used to create seals and gaskets are customized to meet the specific requirements of each application, ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
Door Module / Boot
Door Shield Panel
- Weather sealing to prevent water and contaminants from penetrating the interior of the door panel to protect internal electronic components
- Weather resistance
- Process: Die cut; Materials: PP film, PE film, PVC film
- Process: Vacuum Forming; Materials: PE foam, PP film
Grommets, Plugs & Sleeves
- Prevent water, dust, and other debris from entering the car door through the various openings and holes in the door panel and boot.
- Can also be used to protect wires, cables, and other components that run through the door and boot from getting damaged due to friction against the sharp edges of the metal door.
- Process: Vacuum Forming; Materials: PE foam
- Process: Elastomer Moulding, Materials: EPDM
Gaskets for Blower Motor, Air Vents, Ducts, etc.
- Prevent air leaks at joint areas
- Low odor or odorless with good moisture and chemical resistance
- Process: Die cut; Materials: PU foam, PE foam, EPDM foam
- Air-tight speaker gasket to seal the speaker to the speaker enclosure at the door panel and dashboard
- Able to dampen vibration and insulate sound at the interface area
- Process: Die cut; Materials: PU foam, PE foam, EVA foam, EPDM foam
Interior Parts / Equipment
Gaskets for displays, cameras, sensors, mirrors, lights, electronics, instrument panels, sun-roof, etc.
- Protect sensitive components, sealing out moisture, dust and debris
- Absorb shock and dampen vibration
- Process: Die Cut; Materials: PU foam, PE foam, EPDM foam
- Process: Elastomer Moulding; Materials: EPDM
Tail lights & headlight gasket
- Prevent moisture and dust penetration
- Vibration dampening
- Wide temperature range with resistance to UV, moisture and weathering
- Process: Die cut; Materials: EPDM foam, CR foam
- Process: Elastomer Moulding; Materials: EPDM CR
- Prevent moisture from penetrating the interior of the mirror modules to protect internal electronic components
- Process: Heat Press Forming; Materials: PE foam
Shock absorber boot
- To prevent entry of of dirt, dust, stones, and other debris into the shock absorber
- Weather resistance with adequate resistance to tear, wear, heat, oils and solvents
- Flexible and elastic with no permanent set when compressed
- Process: Elastomer Moulding; Materials: BR, PU
- Process: Reaction Injection Moulding; Materials: PU