Your Trusted Partner in Custom Elastomer Moulding Services
Armstrong is an established provider of custom elastomer products. Our in-house R&D team is dedicated to formulating customized formulations with innovative solutions to meet your exact specifications.
With our extensive technical know-how, we are confident in producing quality products that cater to the unique needs of your application. If you’re looking for a partner that can provide reliable elastomer moulding components – look no further than Armstrong.
- Compression Moulding: Pre-formed elastomer is placed in an open cavity mould, and then compressed under specific temperature and pressure into the final shape.
- Transfer Moulding: Elastomer is placed in the transfer pot, heated and compressed to transfer the material into a pre-heated closed mould.
- Hybrid Injection Moulding: Elastomer is injected into the pre-heated closed mould. The upper cavity plate is ejected and the elastomer is compressed to final profile.
- Liquid Silicone Rubber Injection: Compound is mixed from two separate components and injected via a runner and gate system into a closed mould.
General purpose elastomers have a relatively lower cost than speciality elastomers, however with poorer resistance to ozone, high temperature, weathering and chemicals.
- Natural Rubber, NR - Excellent mechanical properties and little heat buildup
- Styrene-Butadiene Rubber, SBR - Good traction properties and abrasion resistance
- Polybutadiene Rubber, BR - Best low temperature resistance
- Polyisoprene Rubber, IR - “Synthetic natural rubber” - replacement of NR, no allergic reactions due to natural proteins and impurities, less odor than NR
- Ethylene Propylene Rubber, EPDM - Least expensive oil-resistant elastomer, resistant to many hydrocarbons
- Polybutadiene Rubber, BR - Superior resistance to ozone and weatherability
- Chloroprene Rubber, CR - “Chlorinated natural rubber” – improve oil, solvent, ozone and heat resistant compared to NR
- Fluorocarbon Rubber, FKM - High temperature resistant, excellent chemical resistant and fire resistant
- Urethane Rubber, PUR - Excellent wear and abrasion resistant
- Silicone Rubber, VMQ - Excellent low and high temperature resistant but poor abrasion property – not suitable for dynamic applications
- NR – Rubber diaphragms
- SBR – Brake and clutch pads
- EPDM – Transmission & engine cover seals, sensor seals, steering seals, anti-drain back valves, oil filter seals
- CR – Vibration mounts, shock absorber seals, breaking & steering system components
- FKM – Cover seals, sensor seals, oil pan seals, steering system seals
- VMQ – Cover seals, battery seals, spark plug boots, vibration dampeners
- NR – Safety shoe soles, isolation dampeners, rubber to metal bonded mounts
- SBR – Isolation dampeners, plumbing seals & gaskets, general flange gaskets
- IR – Isolation dampeners, rubber to metal bonded mounts, F&B application seals
- NBR – Safety shoe soles, sensor seals, oil filter seals
- EPDM – Washing machine door seals, water system o-rings, HVAC compressor grommets
- CR – Refrigeration seals, laptop sleeves, anti-vibration mounts, bearing pads, rubber hose
- FKM – Hydraulic seals, manifold gaskets, firewall seals
- PUR – Machinery pulleys, wheels, bushings and rollers, hydraulic seals
- VMQ – Oven door seals
- IR – Gasket for syringes & IV injection site sets
- NBR – Patient lift, walking stick ferrule
- EPDM – Bioreactor seals, autoclaves seals
- FKM – Sealing/ gasket in fluid handling system
- PUR – Medical device pulleys, wheels, bushings, rollers
- VMQ – Stethoscope earbuds, catheters, wearable products, syringe plungers & tip protectors
- NR – Shoe soles, toys, hand grip
- NBR / PUR – Shoe soles
- EPDM – Hand grips
- CR – Hand grips, bike shock absorber bushing
- VMQ – Kitchen tools & utensils, hand grips, earbuds, earplugs, ear hooks, nose pads, keypads, buttons
- NR / IR – Shock absorber pad
- EPDM – Printer feed/transport/registration rollers
- PUR – Printer feed rollers
- EPDM – Shock absorbing dampeners
- FKM – Crash stops, cover seals, gaskets